Our Observatory had created Groups of Friends of Cardinal Van Thuân, which you can read about on our website. Originally, however, their actual function was rather limited. Most. Rev. Giampaolo Crepaldi would now like these Groups to spread, increasing in both number and participants. This is why we have prepared the brief bylaws attached hereto. Whoever wishes to create a group is invited to get in touch with me either by phone (here is my mobile phone number: ++39-334-1253131) or writing directly to the Observatory: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
The Groups of Friends of Cardinal Van Thuân are informal groupings of persons who undertake to collaborate on a volunteer basis with the International Observatory Cardinal Van Thuân in order to cultivate the memory of Cardinal Van Thuân, deepen his spirituality and spread the Social Doctrine of the Church.
Their relationship with the Observatory is one of unison of intent and entails no legal linkage whatsoever.
Membership in Groups
The members of Groups are invited to underwrite a form and pay a fee. This fee is not a membership fee as such, but rather payment for a subscription to the “Bulletin of the Social Doctrine of the Church” and a voluntary contribution to the Observatory.
The members of Groups will receive a membership card and pin, and will also receive the quarterly Newsletter from Most Rev. Crepaldi with spiritual reflections and information about the groups.
This membership card will read: Groups of Friends of Cardinal Van Thuân.
Contemplated are three different fee categories:
– Collaborators: annual fee of Euro 50, including the subscription to the “Bulletin of the Social Doctrine of the Church”;
– Friends: annual fee of Euro 200, including the subscription to the “Bulletin of the Social Doctrine of the Church”. The “Friend” members will also receive a copy of the books published during the year of membership as part of the Observatory’s series of books.
– Supporters: annual fee of Euro 500 with the subscription and the books as above.
Creation of a Group
A Group is deemed created when it has at least 5 members. The Coordinator (or President) of the Group receives a letter of appointment from Most. Rev. Giampaolo Crepaldi. A Group has no legal status.
The Activities of the Groups
The Groups organize their activities on their own, under the leadership of the president and keeping the common aims ever in mind. Each year Most Rev. Giampaolo Crepaldi sends the Groups a minimum programme of activities structured as follows:
– An encounter on the spirituality of Cardinal Van Thuân using material provided by the Observatory;
– An encounter for the presentation of a book published as part of the Observatory’s Series of Publications;
– Two encounters of formation on the Social Doctrine of the Church using specific material provided by the Observatory;
– Participation in the annual symposium commemorating the demise of Cardinal Van Thuân, and which customarily takes place in the autumn.